Saturday, March 5, 2011

Good news and bad news...



Is this where I say... bad news first?  

Well, the bad news is that I am no longer together with my KLR.  It is super sad, but we broke up.  You know, bikes come and go.  I've moved on, 'out with the old, in with the new' as-it-were. 

The good news?  

I'm in love.  

I've fallen deeply in love with an Italian beauty.  Who knew?  It was a surprise to me, but I'm going with it...
 

My KLR wasn't super stoked, but we had a good chat and there is an 'understanding'..

Ducati 1098 Superbike




Not the coolest 'dual-sport' gear for the ride, but does it really matter?  Nope.

I took her out and we did it up good... it was full Top Gun style, ''highway to the danger zone''... I was fist pumping to fighter jets up at Miramar, racing beside the runway in style.  

The truth - It was a sweet afternoon quickie, but nothing much more than that.  To be honest, I'm over it.  All in a matter of minutes, I'm back with the KLR.

We had a good chat, then embraced, and are planning to hit the Baja tomorrow.  All good.

I headed into Tijuana today, got all of my paperwork sorted, tourist card, and importation permits for my bike.  I then came back into Encinitas to chill for the night, pack-up and get ready to go.  Tomorrow, I am going to fly through the border, keeping Tijuana and the north in my rear-view.   I plan to head as far south as possible, and I'm shooting for a surf spot called Quatro Casas to spend the night.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great ride today - it was super awesome having you stay with us the past couple of days! Especially playing a little Mexican Train to get your all ready for your next stage of the trip!
    Can't wait to read more about the adventure and see you in May!

    ReplyDelete